Sunday, April 11, 2010

What is it with this Twitter stuff? By Tony Green

In the last few days I have seen the explosion in terms of Twitter. Seemingly everyone is mentioning Twitter in the same fashion where Facebook became huge and My Space usage exploded.

Just last night on ESPN the sportscasters were commenting after Shaq O’Neal sent a message on Twitter at half time of the game.

So as you would expect what do I do, log on to my Twitter account and signed up to follow him. Perhaps I can catch Shaq ranting’s in real time instead for waiting for SportsCenter to air its report.

Who wants to wait for anything nowadays? Everyone is so busy who wants to sit down and process anything? That is the ultimate reason Twitter is catching on. The format is consistent with real life. Life is a snapshot of small events. Twitter captures those small snapshots in real time. Regardless of where you are and what you may be doing.

Now I can receive Shaq’s updates without waiting for anyone. And I can receive them uncensored. Can you beat the immediate access? (assuming Shaq does writes his own tweets, which may be the subject of another blog).

I’ll check on what you are doing in real time if you do not mind me peeking through the mundane snapshots of your life. Feel free to capture mine, my Twitter profile is Tony_Green. Follow me and I’ll send you a Tweet!

No comments: