Thursday, November 4, 2010

Twitter an idea whose time will come By Tony Green

Twitter... What is happening now..

 My personal Twitter account is centered on certain interest areas as I am sure yours is. For instance, I am interested in alternative energy and Internet marketing. Let’s say I sent a tweet which was is focused towards one area to followers in one group, the odds are the message will not exhibit any relevance in the other group.

I do not know about you but with all of the tweets I get and send out during the course of a week it would be nice to filter some irrelevant messages out.  Likewise, there would be value to being able to send select messages which are catered to your followers.

Toward this goal the idea of sending tweets to predetermined lists members beforehand seems exceedingly logical I searched the Internet and Twitter’s help function on how to accomplish this task and I found out this feature at this time does not exist. My first was, bummer, but my second and prevailing thought was this will eventually be a reality.

The idea of social media is engaging with your users. Companies like Twitter and Facebook have attracted many users due to the fact the medium allows them to engage with folks with similar interest and backgrounds.

My thinking is if enough folks are interested in this feature Twitter will make my prediction a reality. The feature is about allowing higher quality interactions.  Once this attribute is enabled check out my Twitter profile. @Tony_Green. Perhaps you could wind up on one my preselected lists at some time in the future. I just need to make sure I create some meaningful to tweet to you about.  

No comments: